Saturday, March 7, 2009

Today I spent the day at home. There were about 30 people in and out, most of whom I did not know. Then all of a sudden every one left and I was left at home with 5 children. None of which spoke English. Great! I was left to babysit and had no idea that was the plan. Thats how things seem to work here. Very funny. All of a sudden there was a lot of shouting, screaming and hooting outside. Then police sirens. I had no idea what was going on but realised that there was a HUGE traffic jam outside the house. The police had blocked off the road for a carnival that was passing through. I have never seen anything like this in my life! Truck loads of people with painted faces, masks and head dresses (some wearing only their underwear) were driving through our little suburb. It was chaos. A mozambiquan carnival. Good times.

My ministry in Picoco is going well. I am there 3 times a week for the whole day. We have over 50 kids coming every day and I am expecting it to grow. Very exciting. I am also looking at getting the chief in the area to give us a piece of land so we can start to build a little youth or community center. I am trying to get away from running all the programs from out of the church because some people are put off by that. So we will see how that goes.

Other than that. I heard today my special friend Charlotte gave birth to a beautiful baby girl today. I am so stoked but was very sad that I wasn't there. Made me miss home lots. But spoke to my family this morning which was awesome.
Please keep praying for me and the ministries that I am involved with here!

No comments:

Post a Comment