Friday, May 15, 2009

We have one little boy who is looking very sick at the moment. He is an orphan and is living with his grandmother. I was HUGELY challenged today when I said to a friend of mine how much it broke my heart to see him so sick. Arnaldo then turned to me and said.. " Well what are you doing to help him?" That was the second time today that he left me completely speechless... I realised at that moment how good I was at being heartbroken and compassionate from a distance. That's just not good enough. Those kids deserve more than my distant brokenness. One of the greatest ways for me to magnify who Jesus is to the kids and their families is to, out of my compassion and brokenness move into action. A great lesson taught to me by a great friend.

The first phase of our veggie garden has begun! I can't wait till the kids can be eating fresh vegetables.

Also Kunhymela house is officially a registered non profit organisation in the USA... We can now start getting funding for our home and getting moving with finding property here in Mozam!

Please keep praying for us. We are still in major need of funding for our feeding project in Picoco and for hospital visits for a couple of the children.

1 comment:

  1. 20-21God can do anything, you know—far more than you could ever imagine or guess or request in your wildest dreams! He does it not by pushing us around but by working within us, his Spirit deeply and gently within us.

    Glory to God in the church!
    Glory to God in the Messiah, in Jesus!
    Glory down all the generations!
    Glory through all millennia! Oh, yes!

    message version
    ephesians 3

    ReplyDelete