Monday, September 7, 2009

New seasons

Its been a while. I now know what its like to have writers block- or whatever the authors and those sorts of people call it. There has been so much happening around me and in my ministry but for some reason I just couldn’t bring my self to write about it. Guess that happens some time.
So, my time with Youth For Christ ended a little earlier than expected. I drove up this weekend with my friend Risky to pack up my room and say goodbyes-What a difficult weekend! The past 9 months have been a mixture of the hardest and the best times of my life. The hardest because God worked on my character, took me through some difficult situations and dealt with a lot of things within myself that needed to be worked on. The best because of the amazing opportunity it is to serve God in such a beautiful country alongside some of the most incredible people. He blessed me more than I could ever imagine.
My time in Mozambique is not over yet. I will be going back in the next couple of months to start my new project. Kunhymela House will be a transition home for the street children in Mozambique. (for more info on this go to www.kunhymelahouse.com). I am so excited about this project and can’t wait to get going.

Keep praying for the people in Picoco and the staff at Youth For Christ Mozambique but also pray for God’s grace and favour as we start to set up The Kunhymela House.

1 comment: