Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Little Pai.

Meet little Pai.
This gorgeous little boy is only 9 years old. He doesn't really know why he left the street. A friend of his arrived at his house and asked if wanted to visit the streets. They left and neither of them have returned home. Little Pai is known for spending is nights on the streets drinking hard liquor. He is 9.

Over the past few months we have really started to notice the effects of his night time alcohol binges. He is a beautiful little kid who I have gotten very close to over the past few months. He really try's very hard to act tough but will always come and sit close and will never say no to a little cuddle from "Mana Laurena". His tears and affection remind us daily that he is just a little boy.
Pai is doing so well in school at Masana. This year he learnt how to read and write the entire alphabet. If given a piece of paper and a pencil he will copy everything in sight. What ever words he can find. He loves to learn.
Lately Pai has been on my heart. I find myself struggling to sleep thinking of him on the streets. The thought of this little 9 year old dealing with the horrific things that I know goes on in the streets brings me to tears most nights. This is not how it is supposed to be for this little guy.
But the reality is that the longer Pai stays on the street the harder it will be for him to leave.
God has broken my heart for this little boy. I can't get him off my mind.
I'm not sure what He has in store for little Pai, but I know street life is not in God's plan.

Please pray for me as we work with this little boy. He is a joy. He is an incredible little boy that needs to leave his life on the street. Pray with me as I figure out my role in getting him back home. Pray for him to make the right decisions. Pray for his protection as he sleeps on the streets tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment