Sunday, March 29, 2009

Hopefully Feeding Hungry Bellies

The kids that I am working with are hungry. I have to make sure that I am trying to help them with that. After all, what good is teaching them if their little tummies are grumbling. So I am looking into a feeding project. I want to feed 100 children 3 times a week for now. When I think about it... It sounds big, it sounds expensive.. and it sounds crazy for me to organise on my own.. But then, Im not on my own, God is bigger than all of this!So i'm excited. I put my faith in Him. The community are keen to get involved. Ladies from there are happy with cooking everyday for these kids. I want to as much as possible, buy locally grown vegetables from Picoco, and in time will look into starting our own veggie garden for this. But I need help. I can't afford to pay for all of the nessacary food myself. If anyone has any ideas of how I can go about getting funding for a project like this, please let me know. Or if you are wanting to come and volunteer and help out with our ministry in Mozambique, we would love to have you! To be honest, I need the help. I am realising more and more how, really standing up and preaching the gospel is useless if I am not at least trying to provide for these peoples basic human needs. I know that I can't help everyone but I can still try.

No comments:

Post a Comment