Saturday, July 11, 2009

Teams from home

The past couple of weeks have been awesome. I had so many adventures and exciting times with my beautiful friend Risky who came to stay with me last week. We had a puncture and were stranded on the side of the road for 4 hours, met some brilliant people, caught a taxi, drove a taxi... so many stories. Thanks risky. :)

The passed 2 weeks we have had 2 teams from Westville Baptist coming into support us in our work in Picoco. It was the HUGEST blessing to have my church family from Durbs with me for those 2 weeks. The premission team did an incredible job of (among other things) putting in 2 toilets on the church property for us.
The second team came in and lived in the church for a week. They were great! I felt like for a week I had a 40 more sets of arms to reach out into the community. God did some overboard things on our house visits, kids ministry and sports ministry but one of the ministries that I am most excited about is the farming ministry.

We had people from the community coming into to learn new ways of farming and growing veggie gardens and commiting to give away 10% of their crop at harvest time to a family in need. It is an amazing way for the community to start to take care of the orphans and widows themselves while learning about the Biblical principal of tithing.

So,it has been a great couple of weeks. God blew me away as usual. He has poured out his favour and blessing on us more than ever.
Right now, I am exhausted.. More stories and photos will come soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment